It's Women's History Month, so I'm hosting a Feminist Coloring Raffle for everyone!
*Any links to supplies found on Amazon are affiliate links. Should you decide to bring home an art tool I’m talking about and purchase it through the links found here, a few pennies of that purchase are distributed to me. It isn’t much, but it (slowly) adds up—it’s a lovely way to support the content that I create, and it comes at no cost to you, which is awesome, too. Thanks, in advance, to anyone who supports my art in this way; I really appreciate it!
|To receive this HCWT Free Coloring Page directly in your email
inbox and be granted permission to participate in my first ever
coloring raffle, click here to subscribe to my
colorful monthly newsletter.
- color up your "ticket" (in this case, your HCWT Free Page, which for this month is the title illustration of my latest coloring book, Feminism Is For Everyone)
- submit your fully colored "ticket" to me (I'll explain how in a minute)
- after the announced time frame of the contest is over, I pull out a handful of winning "tickets" (I'm thinking four seems like a good number, don't you?)
- the names I draw randomly from the "tickets" jar in my studio (I'm thinking this moment will be a video or broadcast live so folks know for sure I'm on the up & up with fairness) will be the winners of the raffle
- You must be an active subscriber to the HCWT colorful newsletter to win one of the four coloring raffle prizes (but you do NOT have to be an active subscriber to color the free feminist coloring I'm sharing this month, so if my teacher/group leader HCWT fans out there would like to use this coloring page for their Women's History Month activities, please just email me for permission).
- You may color up as many "tickets" (the "Feminism Is For Everyone" coloring page above) for submission as your heart desires in order to increase your chances of being a winner, but each "ticket" must be a fully colored page (I believe in artistically chosen white space, for sure, but for the purposes of this raffle, each submission must have at least 80% of the illustration FULLY colored).
- Both analog and digitally (this illustration has been released as a Procreate coloring page as well) colored "tickets" will be accepted (and encouraged, actually - I would love to see a few pixel-ed up versions of this coloring page!)
- "Tickets" may be submitted for the raffle in the following ways: via email (arrange to email quality photos of your coloring pages or PDFs of your Procreate colored pages to me by responding to any HCWT newsletter with your coloring art attached), via direct message on Instagram or Facebook (@havecolor_willtravel on Instagram and/or Have Color Will Travel on Facebook) of photos and/or PDFs, OR via posting your coloring art on your Instagram or Facebook (sorry - I'm not active on Twitter) and tagging me in your photo AND your caption (again, I'm @havecolor_willtravel on Instagram and Have Color Will Travel on Facebook). I love seeing folks sharing their coloring art of my illustrations directly to their social media grids and feeds, but if your post on Facebook isn't marked PUBLIC or if your Instagram account is a private one, I will not receive a notification about your "ticket" getting submitted and therefore will have no idea that you've participated nor will I be permitted to even see your submission (this is actually a good privacy thing as a general rule, folks, just frustrating for both of us after you've colored up something amazing, and you're trying share your masterpiece). So, please keep that in mind as you go about choosing a submission method for your coloring art "tickets" and share accordingly!
- Submission of your feminist coloring art "ticket" to the Have Color Will Travel coloring raffle grants me, Michelle M. Johnson, permission to share your beautiful colored pages (with credit to you as the colorist) on social media and in the HCWT colorful newsletter. This bit sounds scary (sharing your art with the universe always feels frightening & vulnerable), I know, but people LOVE seeing the coloring art that comes in during my HCWT coloring events! Your creativity inspires creativity in others and brings positive energy to their experience of social media and the internet, so I really hope this submission guideline isn't a deal breaker for anyone!
- All coloring "ticket" submissions must be a quality photo, coloring page scan PDF, or Procreate PDF (please try to avoid taking photos of your "tickets" at night or in poor lighting - I'm really looking forward to seeing the true colors you add to this illustration).
- The deadline for coloring raffle "ticket" submission is March 31, 2022, at midnight Central time (what we call fondly call "Texas time" where I live).
- This contest is open to all ages, so an active subscriber may submit a colored "ticket" to this raffle in care of a minor (child under the age of 18) OR a major (a mature adult who does not engage the internet) in their life. Due to their age and/or comfort level with the internet, these submissions do not have to abide by rule #1 of this raffle. Please include the name and age of this "ticket" holder in addition to the subscriber's name with the submission.
- This contest is open to anywhere USPS reaches. What I have planned as the prizes (they will be announced at a later date as I am still in the process of making them🤓) fits in a standard envelope and doesn't weigh much (sounds boring, I know, but believe me - they are SUPER fun!), so if I can reach you by letter mail, you have just as much a chance of winning this coloring raffle as folks who live just a few counties away from me.
|For step-by-step instructions for how to get coloring my HCWT
Free Coloring Pages on your iPad with Procreate, visit this blog post
or this YouTube video!